Monday, November 17, 2014

March 2014

Woo hoo! It's my turn to be Queen!  I've been in love with the SWOON block since forever and now I get to sit back while the postman delivers 11 of them to my letterbox. What a lucky girl!!

Here's the sample block I made.
Here are the first 9 blocks I received.
In Hive number 2 we were charged with the task of creating 4 little chick improv blocks.   I really enjoyed people's enthusiasm for requesting the worker bees to improvise rather than stress over exact seams. Improvisation makes for a great Bee Block since everyone's 1/4" seams are vastly different.  Here are my chickies.
Furthermore, March saw me join a THIRD Hive - this time a paper pieced star hive. So each month we were to choose whatever 12" (finished) star we like and the Queen decides the colourway.  So March 2014's Bright Scrappy Rainbow block turned out like this:
Now we're cooking with gas!